The ABCD event is our individual match play tournament.
The ABCD event is open to all BMC members for an entry fee of $15. The format is individual match play bracketed into Pools by Handicap. The A Pool will be Gross Match Play and the winner will be BMC Match Play Champion. B, C, & D Pools will play with handicaps for their Championship. Pools will have approximately 6 players and 5 matches are played against the players in your Pool. You can play a Pool opponent only one time.
The Player in each Pool with the most points will be the winner. Tie breaker will be head to head matches. The final number of Players entered will determine the number of Pools, number of players in each Pool and Prize Money Payouts. Tuesday and Wednesday 9 hole league matches qualify if both players agree. Players schedule a mutually agreeable time and course to play their match.
- 6 Points are earned as follows for an 18 hole match: 2 points for the front nine winner; 2 points for the back nine winner and 2 points for the 18 hole winner. 1 point each for ties. If players agree, sudden death can be played for the 18 hole winner.
- 6 Points are earned as follows for a 9 hole match: 2 points for each player and 2 points for the 9 hole winner or 1 point each for a tie.
Match Play Ends on September 15. Players will earn 3 pts each for unplayed matches. Standings will be published for play ending June 30; July 31st; and August 31st. Final Standing will be published September 30th.
Email Results to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your opponent. Include in the subject “Match Play”. Include: Date of play, Names of players and points won by each player.
- All entry fees will be paid out in Braemar Pro Shop Merchandise Credits.
- USGA Match Play Rules govern play.
- Entry deadline is May 15, 2020.
Contact ABCD Coordinator Greg Baron with any questions.
Great Way to get to know your BMC Members!!!