You accumulate points for every official BMC event in which you participate:
- 3 Points for playing in each Weekly League.
- 4 Points for playing in a Major.
- Additional Points awarded for finishing in the top 3 in Majors. (Both Gross and Net.)
- Volunteers earn an extra point.
Those with the most points will be invited to participate in the Ed White Shootout which happens at the end of the season. The BMC and Braemar will cover the greens fees so there is no cost involved to the participants.
The number of members invited will depend on tee time availability and our assessment of how many are worthy. It will be at least 10 and could be as many as 30 members. If we get 30 here’s how it works:
- The first group of ten qualifiers (1-10 point accumulators) tee off – that’s right – TEN tee off.
- Then the next group of qualifiers (11-20 point accumulators) tee off.
- Then the final and third group (21-30 point accumulators) tee off.
- Highest score on the hole is out, ties either chip or putt off to go to the next hole… it’s a hoot!
If we wind up with less than 30, we adjust.
Questions? Steve Tanner is your organizer and host for the Ed White Shootout.